For those of you in the LA area, please join me on Wed 9/16 for a great event exploring the intricacies of creating Sports and Nonprofit Partnerships. PIRATES (Print, Interactive, Radio And Television Society) has put together a great panel of experts who will speak about how Nonprofits can work with pro and college teams, athletes and sports media to develop strong partnerships that support awareness and fundraising initiatives.
"Stepping Up The Game" - Sports Brands, Talent and Nonprofit Partnerships
Wednesday, 9.16.15 8:30am - 11:00am
"Stepping Up The Game" features leaders who will share their experiences, insights and recommendations to help nonprofits build their sports initiatives and partnerships.
- Steve Van Wormer - Sr. Writer/Producer, Fox Sports and Activist, Pulmonary Hypertension Assoc
- Howard Brodwin - Founder, Sports and Social Change
- LaFern Cusack - Producer and Host, "The Experience," ESPN 710 AM Los Angeles
- Amy Millstone - Associate Athletic Director/Strategic Communications, California State University Northridge
- Steven Yamin - President, Conscience Entertainment Group
8:30am-9:00am: Check-in. Light breakfast, networking.
9:00am-10:30am: Moderated panel discussion and Q&A dialogue.
10:30am-11:30am: Wrap-up and networking.
National Council for Jewish Women
543 N. Fairfax Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
$40 PIRATES Members
$50 Non Members
To register please visit http://www.piratesla.org
RSVP by Noon, Monday, September 14, 2015 at the above link, by calling 1-800-PLANK15 or via e-mail to Joyce Harris at
PIRATES, the Print Interactive Radio and Television Educational Society, is dedicated to help build non-profit community connections to help get their message out about their organizations. Monthly programs feature topics on media opportunities, public relations and marketing, development, and partnerships to help build networking opportunities and resources.