Sports command a proven power to cross barriers, create communities and unite nations, to affect the heart and the mind, from the richest man to the poorest child.
But how do we harness that power to support the greater good?
SportsandSocialChange.org is a comprehensive guide to nonprofit and cause-driven organizations in sports, with a mission of building the ultimate “all-star team” of organizations, athletes, teams, leagues, companies, executives and fans to initiate meaningful social change. Here you’ll find FREE tools and resources to help industry leaders and sports fans connect with charitable programs around the world.
• Search the DIRECTORY of nonprofit organizations related to a sport, athlete, state or social cause.
• Find upcoming sports charity and fundraising EVENTS in your community.
• Read the latest NEWS, press releases and announcements from sports nonprofit organizations.
• GET INVOLVED with a sports nonprofit org through volunteer and donation opportunities in your area.
• Utilize OUR SERVICES for Cause Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Enterprise development in Sports Business.
There are thousands of great causes and programs in the sports world – but they need our support to keep making a difference. We hope you find your teammates here, and working together we can all cross the finish line as winners.
In professional sports, it’s become standard practice for teams to create a foundation that supports local initiatives, from youth sports to education, to health programs and community improvement projects. There’s a delicate balance to be struck in offering support to a wide range of important local programs while also meeting the needs of league-wide initiatives.
Add to that dynamic being located in the largest and most populous city in your country, with an extremely diverse cultural and ethnic community, and a rich sports history dating back to the late 1800’s, and you have the setting for the day-to-day operations of the MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment) Foundation. Supporting four major professional sports teams – Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC, Toronto Marlies - across three different sports (hockey, basketball & soccer) is a unique challenge in the pro sports foundation landscape...