Sports command a proven power to cross barriers, create communities and unite nations, to affect the heart and the mind, from the richest man to the poorest child.
But how do we harness that power to support the greater good?
SportsandSocialChange.org is a comprehensive guide to nonprofit and cause-driven organizations in sports, with a mission of building the ultimate “all-star team” of organizations, athletes, teams, leagues, companies, executives and fans to initiate meaningful social change. Here you’ll find FREE tools and resources to help industry leaders and sports fans connect with charitable programs around the world.
• Search the DIRECTORY of nonprofit organizations related to a sport, athlete, state or social cause.
• Find upcoming sports charity and fundraising EVENTS in your community.
• Read the latest NEWS, press releases and announcements from sports nonprofit organizations.
• GET INVOLVED with a sports nonprofit org through volunteer and donation opportunities in your area.
• Utilize OUR SERVICES for Cause Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Enterprise development in Sports Business.
There are thousands of great causes and programs in the sports world – but they need our support to keep making a difference. We hope you find your teammates here, and working together we can all cross the finish line as winners.
The one-on-one mental and physical challenge that tennis presents often creates something very special in the world of sports. Pure athletic ability only goes so far, and success on the court requires strategy and planning, knowledge of your opponent, quick decision-making skills, and complete focus – much like life itself. And with tennis there are overarching elements of self-awareness, discipline and sportsmanship, which add to its value as a great platform for youth development.
In the greater Boston area, Tenacity has taken all that tennis offers and combined it with a comprehensive academic and mentoring program which serves thousands of at-risk youth every year, building a 15-year winning streak that would make Federer or Nadal jealous. We asked the team at Tenacity to give us a deeper look inside their program and share their thoughts on what makes a winner on the court and in the classroom...